Despite a dry summer, there are still flowers in Bishop’s Mills!
Earlier this spring we hosted another successful fundraising music night at our beautiful Community Hall! A full house turned out to hear the sweet sounds of Kristine St. Pierre, Mally Krock and George Buys. Thanks to all who helped make the evening so awesome!
In May we celebrated our 13th Annual Bishop's Mills Community Day, with visitors from near and far taking advantage of the delicious baked goods at the Women’s Institute Bake Sale and checking out the silent auction at the Community Hall. Others visited the UCW lunch counter and craft tables at the St. Andrew's Church Hall.
This year is the 40th Anniversary of the Bishop’s Mills Community Association! To celebrate, we’re throwing the doors open and showcasing our community this Saturday, Sept. 24. Save the date!
As part of the official North Grenville Doors Open event (10 – 4pm) we’ll be offering:
- History displays and artifacts at the Community Hall
- Members of the Women's Institute will be serving tea
- St. Andrew’s United Church will be open
- UCW members will be serving lunch and snacks in the Church Hall
- The United Pentecostal Church (the village's former one-room school house!) will be open.
- Other activities include live music by Bishop’s Mills own Ray & Glen Adams (1:30 – 2:30pm)
Drop by if you’re in the area. Visit http://www.doorsopenontario.on.ca/Events/North-Grenville.aspx
PS Check out our Facebook page for up to date photos and details of current activities.
NEW! Download the brochure & map for the Doors Open event.